Cheadle ephemera


Below is a revealing selection of some of the many items of ephemera which the society possess which relate to events, ceremonies and meetings which have happened in or around Cheadle over the past 180+ years, as well as an assortment of advertisements from local firms and organizations.


Poster advertising an upcoming horserace in Cheadle in 1826


Programme cover for the Opening Ceremony for the Ockleston Memorial, March 1889 


Programme cover for an evening Grand Concert at the Cheadle Institute in February, 1910


 Front cover of membership card fror the Cheadle Cycling Club, 1913


Official programme for a Grand Carnival and Sports event at Gatley Road Field, July 1926


Advertisement for local wine shop, c1940s. Note how the advert emphasises most of the staff are ex-Servicemen


Programme for a stone laying ceremony at Long Lane Congregational Church in April 1964


Advertisement for Heald's Pure Milk, c1960s


Advertisement for Roscoe's building merchants, c1960s



Advertisements for an assorted selection of local traders, c1960s